This field-based position is responsible for enhancing Abbott’s ability to sell trans-catheter structural heart devices and procedures thru field and customer training to optimize procedural outcomes, efficiencies, and adoption. This position is geographically based and spends significant time in the field and customers. Strong leadership and teamwork skills are required. The position requires experience and knowledge to integrate with sales management, marketing, R&D, clinical science, clinical operations, and other cross functional groups to support commercially available and investigational devices and procedures. This position may also require project-based international travel for development of new device and procedure global training curriculum and programs.
- Field-based customer interactions for training and challenge case diagnosis/solutions will also facilitate optimal clinical outcomes & efficiencies. All locally learned training and best-practices will be transformed into both national and global training curriculum.
- Work one-on-one with new hires and existing Abbott proctors or physician heart team members to support outcomes and efficiencies along with best practices.
- Present and train at Abbott field and customer educational programs Content Creation.
- Leverage clinical knowledge to participate in the development and rollout of key product/clinical messaging.
- Support implementation of Marketing and Commercial Excellence driving messaging and initiatives to facilitate field clinical and sales performance.
- This role provides an expert resource for the sales team for direction and training in clinical and tactical selling.
- The product areas include Abbott TMVr and TVRS therapy training devices along with additional structural heart devices as added to the portfolio as needed.
- This position is accountable for improving the clinical outcomes and selling skills of the sales organization.
- In-depth knowledge and experience to produce outstanding “in the field” clinical and sales guidance and training that is a competitive advantage for the company.
- Integration with field and customer training managers to support training needed to authorize new sites, physicians and Abbott proctors for optimizing clinical outcomes, efficiencies, and program development.
- Member of R&D product design teams as needed.
- Leadership skills.
- Drive alignment with sales leadership on key strategic training needs (new hires/sites, product launches, challenging outcomes, etc).
- Ability to work confidentially for individual product performance assessments and coaching.
- Collaboration with global KOL physicians and Abbott cross-functional teams (R&D, Clinical, Marketing, etc) for alignment on critical training initiatives.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Ten years of relevant work experience, including over 2 years of Abbott case proctoring experience in the Structural Heart.
- Ability to work with several levels within the organization and in cross functional teams.
- Strong communication skills, specifically an ability to deliver effective training to large and small audiences.
- Direct experience working with physician customers.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Solid understanding and application of business concepts, procedures, and practices.
- A clinical background and/or strong clinical knowledge and aptitude.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A