Our Advanced Technology Centre is a thriving technology and innovation hub from where we deliver high quality services to a number of private and public sector clients.
You’ll learn, grow and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways
If you’re looking for a challenging career working in a vibrant environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you’ll be working with cutting-edge technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
- Contribute to a Community of Practise to define patterns, standards and guidelines regarding data management and flow within a complex system.
- Support the overall design of a performant, resilient, fault tolerant, zero data loss system from a database subject matter expert perspective.
- Design, build, tune and maintain one or more Oracle databases.
- Follow the Scrum Methodology participating actively in sprint backlog refinement, sprint planning, stand-ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Obtaining satisfactory BPSS and SC security clearance – which requires 5 years continuous UK address history at the point of application.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment, collaborating with others, contributing to design and estimating discussions and utilising strong stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in the design, build, tuning and maintenance of Oracle relational databases
- Capable of working within an Agile Development environment, both as part of a team as well as individual.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Linux or Unix.
- Experience in the design and configuration of the RDBMS to achieve high availability, high resilience, fast recovery, zero data loss.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A