Website Al-Futtaim Group
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
- You are responsible to manage the Market hall department and support the team to provide visitors & customers with a positive shopping experience and a high level of customer satisfaction through the enhancement of the competitive strength of the IKEA product range, the low price perception and reinforcement of the self-choice and self-serve concept
- You will ensure achievement of Market hall sales targets and profit levels by fulfilling commercial and service objectives.
- Coordinate with the In-store Logistic Manager to maintain adequate stock levels and control inventory.
- Constantly liaise with the Showroom and In-Store Logistics Managers to ensure sales space is optimized. This is supported through the analysis of top selling items, movement of stock and ensuring there is sufficient cover available for fast moving items.
- Develop the annual business plan of the Market hall department and areas of responsibility to successfully meet operational and financial goals.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of the store’s commercial calendar in co-ordination with the
- Communication & Interior (Comm-in) Design, Marketing & Range & In-Store Logistics Managers.
- Support the business plan and the IKEA store position in a competitive market through evaluation of the product range, sales information, customer’s feedback/ behaviour and market competition.
- In addition steer performance of the Market hall to maximize sales and optimize long-term profit by placing focus on: (1) The application of an efficient & staffed sales mechanism that enables visitors to purchase through self-choice and self-service, (2) The implementation of sales objectives defined in the Market hall sales budget, (3) The standards for the store operating procedures in the Market hall and self-service areas
- Establish the sales budget on product area level (incl. stock levels, commercial plan, staffing, etc.) based on the range, goals and key figures in the business plan.
- Control the budget & operational costs for the Market hall to maximize achievement of business goals.
- Manage the recruitment and selection of the Market hall co-workers, training and development programs for all the co workers in the Market hall.
- Ensure working methods, basic action routines and range information are understood and carried out in order to achieve objectives.
- Identify, address and develop needs of the team and focus on career development of the co-workers in order to manage succession planning
- You are a passionate person ready for a bigger scope of responsibility.
- You are curious to challenge existing ways of working and able to develop new knowledge, skills & behaviors.
- You create an environment where IKEA’s values are a strong and living reality that adopts the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Problem solving
- Excellent communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- University degree
- 5 years Retail experience in a management role, IKEA experience is preferred
- Strategic planning and analytical skills
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A