Website Al-Futtaim Group
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
- Ensure that all graphic designers have receive the necessary training in safety and security aspects related to the use of this equipment so they are able to follow the rules and regulations and prevent accidents.
- Make sure all graphic designers have been properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs.
- Be involved in the recruitment of the graphic designers; ensure the vacancies are filled as soon as they arise and the right candidates are hired in the vacant positions.
- Ensure positive results in the employee survey and taking action in the areas where the satisfaction is low.
- Get involved in other projects relating to activities that are carried out in the store from time to time. This may include rebuilding business area, based on feedback from range relating to changed priorities, or poor performance of the area.
- Deliver high quality graphic solutions throughout the store.
- Plan, implement and follow up all projects in the store based on work briefs developed by Sales Managers and Com& In manager.
- Ensure that all graphic communication supports the IKEA visual Identity, IKEA trademark and IKEA pricing as described in the IKEA manuals.
- Maintain a high level of know how regarding the software and hardware used to produce all graphic communication.
- Ensure adequate supply of tools and material with environmental awareness.
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree / Diploma in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Interior Design or Architecture
- 5+ years’ experience as a Graphic Designer, ideally in retail industry
- 5 years’ relevant experience within the Communication & Interior Design department in one or more IKEA stores
- You have the ability to generate new ideas and concepts.
- You have a passion for home furnishing, retailing, design and how people live at home. You are able to draw, visualise and present ideas.
- You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment.
- You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team
- Must have skills in using sign making equipment and preferably experience in working with MAC graphic software such as Illustrator and InDesign
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A