Website Al-Futtaim Group
We are currently looking for a Medical Laboratory Technician to undertake non-interpretative processing of clinical samples. Support the pathology team to meet targets and assist in the day-to-day demands of the department. The post holder is required to rotate across administrative and clinical based functions.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing hand chemistries.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Provides test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- Knowledge of Arabic is preferable
- DHA License or Eligibility is mandatory.
- Diploma or certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician from an accredited program or equivalent. (Minimum two (2) years of course duration).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- English fluency is mandatory
- Strong operational thinking skills
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A