Website Al-Futtaim Group
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
- Assist in preparation of executive summary for each engagement along with the detailed report and audit follow up form.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly summary report to be presented to Vice Chairman after it has been reviewed by line manager/Group Director – Internal Audit.
- Ability to extend audit coverage to a wider and more representative population using computer based audit techniques. E.g. use of ACL.
- Achieve high professional standards of audit performance, reports and recommendations in conformity with International Standards of Internal Audit and within the Group’s policy, procedures and long range goals
- Such consulting assignments are performed based on management request in order to establish a fact or to evaluate a specific situation.
- Fraud investigation should be conducted in order to identify the loss/exposure, control weaknesses, personnel responsible and recommendation to prevent reoccurrence
- Conduct internal audit assignment for evaluation of adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control and quality of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities in all business processes/segments.
- Review the approval process to ensure that Group policies/ procedures and delegations of authorities are complied.
- Ensure that assets of the group are safe guarded.
- Documentation of audit work in Audit Management system which can fully support the audit findings.
- Prepare professional audit reports which should clearly communicate findings, analysis, appraisals, recommendations and information concerning the activities audited.
- Audit Manager should be timely updated with key findings.
- Discuss preliminary audit findings with the concerned staff/ management in order to highlight the observations to management and to get their concurrences.
- Assist the audit manager in the development of annual audit plan by assessing the degree of risk.
- Assist in the development of audit program for each audit assignment before commencement of the audit. This should be documented as template in (AMS) with risks, control and tests to be performed.
- The candidate should have thorough knowledge concept of internal controls and generally accepted internal auditing standards.
- The candidate should be well versed with data analytics through spreadsheets
- The candidate should have a good grasp over verbal and written communication including report writing skills.
- The candidate should be self-driven with ability to effectively execute audit assignments with minimal supervision.
- The candidate should be able to effectively communicate with personnel across the organizational hierarchy and be able to influence business in a constructive manner.
- The candidate should be able to multi-task when situation demands.
- Exposure to ERP software such as SAP and Oracle is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with data analytics software ACL and audit management / documentation systems is desirable.
- Chartered Accountant (CPA , ACA etc.) , ACCA , CIA with knowledge of internal audit function
- A Minimum of 3 years in internal audit function witih the UAE
- Perform Operational and Financial Audit in accordance with the annual audit plan to evaluate:
- The existence, adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls
- Compliance with company policies and operating procedures
- Controls on safe guarding of assets
- Economical and efficient use of resources
- Reliability and Integrity of Information
- Accomplishment of established business objectives
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A