Website Al-Futtaim Group
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
- Together with the Food & Beverages Manager and other team members, secure to achieve the IF&B standard set in the operational /commercial growth review documents.
- Use relevant KPI’s and the commercial input to identify business potentials and to steer their business.
- Manage the full food product range according to the IKEA Concept.
- In conjunction with the HRBP and Food & Beverages Manager select, recruit, train, develop, coach, mentor and inspire co-workers in accordance with the IKEA values.
- Train the co-workers on how to work with the Swedish and local range as per recipes.
- Train the co-workers in food preparation to ensure the highest standards of range presentation.
- Work with a relevant and attractive range offer based on the information on the local market.
- Actively exceed customer expectations the IKEA Way.
- Confidently work with the food handling process.
- Create and implement an efficient production plan to secure the agreed profitability.
- Understanding and execution of the logistics processes from ordering to storage.
- Ensure efficient operations of the IKEA Restaurant & Café department with special attention to the preparation and serving of food that enhances both the customer and co-workers dining experience.
- Oversee the inventory and stock levels across the Food & Beverages department from purchasing, ordering and stock rotation (FIFO).
- Responsibility of coordinating the area of food safety in the store.
- Develop and manage the HACCP system.
- Ensure that IKEA Food Safety programs are implemented and followed in the store. .
- Make random and unannounced food safety checks in the store.
- Ensure that all IKEA FOOD co-workers are participating in IKEA Food Safety e-learning and other food safety training initiatives.
- Organize planned and random microbiological and other product analyses for the store
- Build relationships with relevant national and local authorities, auditors and suppliers.
- Be well updated on current and upcoming national legislation on food safety.
- Ensure that all IKEA FOOD co-workers are familiar with CASY (incident reporting).
- Ensure that the IKEA FOOD Team knows how to act if an incident occurs through the Emergency Management Team.
- Initiate and follow up of investigations caused by incidents concerning national and international range
- Implement, develop and monitors the food safety and hygiene standards and regulations to ensure a safe working environment for both the customers and co-workers in accordance with the and HACCP standards as well as the local health and safety regulations standards.
- Execute action plans for the kitchen and production area to support the business plan/goals, sales/gross profit objectives.
- Equipment Maintenance and documentation.
- Monitor and control the food costs, operational costs, productivity, sales mix and recipe cost.
- Ensure efficient organisation of the business area in relation to financial performance i.e. gross profit, costs, hours planning, productivity levels, absence management and holiday planning to agreed service levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to build working relationships
- Able to speak and understand English
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Advance computer skills
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School/Trade School Graduate preferably in hotel, business or culinary programme of study
- 3-5 years kitchen production supervisory/management experience preferably in a high volume business setting
- Commitment to high quality of food, service and cleanliness
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, slicer, knives, and dish washing machines
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A