Website Al-Futtaim Group
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
- – Coordinate and ensure that the third party and salvage recoveries are speeded up and the systems are followed to ensure improved cash flow and avoid recoveries getting time barred.
- Ensure that sufficient claim provisions are maintained
- Verification of all the cheque payments made to the head office to ensure that payments made are properly validated and authorised as per DOA.
- Participation in the preparation of MIS reports required for reinsurance treaty renewals and important management decisions.
- Ensure that the key control areas and measures of performance on various accountabilities are appropriately reflected in the monthly management information systems, for better decision making by the underwriting and marketing managers.
- Ensure that existing IT systems are adequately controlled for any EDP related risks. Evaluate whether the areas that are determined which needs new systems or changes to the existing systems are appropriately developed in the light of business and control risks, during the process of development and implementation in a closely coordinated manner with IT personnel.
- Periodically review and coordinate with the line managers and IT personnel to ensure that the business requirements are identified and implemented.
- Ensure that with appropriate sampling, all the operations and the transactions are reviewed for deviations from any compliance to establish procedures and practices.
- Ensure that during such control reviews, areas that can significantly contribute in betterment of operational profits, cost savings and qualitative improvements wherever possible are identified.
- Ensure that Appropriate business and control risks are identified and evaluated. Validate whether the existing systems and procedures that have been developed and implemented safeguard the assets and interests of the company. To aid in further strengthening of controls which are relevant, practical and have a favourable cost benefit advantage.
- The job requires a thorough understanding of underwriting, claims reinsurance, IT systems and finance functions. Interaction with senior management of the company is expected.
- 10 – 15 years experience in a progressive organisation (Including 5-10 years in a senior managerial position in Insurance industry).
- Strong interpersonal & analytical skills.
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
Company: Al-Futtaim Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A