Website Aldi UK
You’ll have real responsibility, leading a Project Team to successfully deliver a large-scale automated warehouse, ensuring the solution meets the needs of the business. Not only will you manage the day to day, but you’ll also think strategically about operational improvements and work proactively with the leaders of the business to increase productivity and efficiency of the site. You’ll be focused on delivering the highest standards through effective operations or project management for automated materials handling equipment in a distribution environment.
- Manages Aldi’s partners within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
- Manage capex budget through to delivery.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with external partners.
- Ensure the project meets or exceeds the required levels of availability, performance and are delivering against agreed key performance indicators (KPI).
- Identify, develop, and coordinate continuous improvement projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities (e.g. modifications) in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Develop, critique and present proposals and reports, with supporting business cases.
- Awareness of new technologies and applications, which could enhance the performance of the equipment and operations.
- Manage resources to assess and support the feasibility of projects in conjunction with the Operations Team.
- Identify and lead investigations, mitigation implementation and recovery processes for any failures or loss of performance throughout the project.
- Lead, manage, develop and train your Project Team.
- Lead and maintain communications between the Construction Team, the Operational Team, the automation suppliers and other third parties.
- Report and communicate status, performance, and availability of the system.
- Develop and train the team, conducting appraisals and providing support.
- Daily liaison with onsite operations to understand operational needs.
- Previous project and people management experience.
- Automated warehouse operations experience
- Articulate and numerate individual.
- Computer literate including strong Office skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and Outlook.
- Experience of stakeholder management at all levels.
- Comprehensive understanding of supply chains.
- Experience operating warehouse management and warehouse control systems.
Company: Aldi UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A