Website American Hospital Dubai
Assumes overall responsibility for effective and efficient operation of the clinical area. Directs co-ordinates and evaluates the activities of the designated areas for the purpose of maintaining optimal delivery of patient care.
An employee of the American Hospital Dubai is expected to promote the mission and philosophy of the hospital by acting in a caring, courteous and confidential manner towards patients, visitors, colleagues and staff by performing their duties and responsibilities according to the expected standards in order to fully meet patient care needs.
- Promotes continuous performance improvement in daily operations
- Promotes incident and customer complaint reporting to improve patient and family care
- Actively participates in departmental/hospital-wide PI activities
- Maintains accountability for budgeting/financial management and optimal use of resources in the clinical area.
- Ensures attendance annually for staff at mandatory in-services.
- Ensures a safe working environment through compliance with hospital policies and procedures regarding safety, infection control, and security
- Co-ordinates a fully documented Performance Improvement Project annually
- Ensures 100% of new staff completes a planned departmental orientation within 120 days.
- Promotes attendance at hospital and unit-based in-services.
- Participates in collecting and/or reviewing data to enhance services within the department and makes recommendations to modify units’ clinical practice based on QI findings.
- Serves as a clinical role model to staff
- Facilitates unit’s work flow, assignments of tasks and follows up on staffing issues
- Promotes development and use of Care Planning and/or Clinical Pathways.
- Thoroughly investigates all incidents and customer complaints
- Ensures all staff receives written annual/probationary evaluations by review date.
- Initiates risk management processes suited to needs of patients in unit.
- BLS certification
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (duration not less than three years) or
- At least 5-7 years of nursing experience in related specialty
- At least 2 years of Managerial Experience.
- Demonstrates incremental leadership and management experience
- Post Graduate Qualification in Nursing Management/Advanced Clinical Speciality preferable
- Private hospital experience preferred
- Diploma in Nursing (not less than three academic years in nursing only) or
- Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery (not less than three academic years)
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A