Website American Hospital Dubai
To performs clerical and medical record management duties. Serves as a receptionist, clerical assistant, porter and an interpreter for the unit
- Maintains a supply of pre-collated patient documentation.
- Shares knowledge and skills with colleagues and others.
- Files all patient reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Efficiently enters charges and orders into Medicom system.
- Completes midnight check of all patients files for entry of all due charges (daily for OPD).
- Collect all MAR (Medication Administration Record) after midnight and ensures clear copy goes to Clinical Supervisor.
- Enters Physicians consultation fees.
- Answers all patient call bells and phones at desk in a courteous and timely manner.
- Coordinates clerical portion of patient admissions and discharge.
- Orientate new patients to the room and the unit if staff nurse not present.
- Prepare all empty rooms with unit hand out package. Maintains these packages in conjunction with the Head Nurse.
- Maintains PAR levels on materials by supervising deliveries and materials counts, and verify these against charges.
- Maintains accurate log entries on all equipment.
- Floats to other units as requested.
- Participates in staff meetings and unit projects.
- Ensures Insurance forms and cost estimates attended.
- Enter all charges in logbook kept on the unit.
- Maintains patient files in correct order according to Medical Records guidelines.
- Records and updates all information in patient’s register, Diet sheets, Admission board, admission register and on Medicom system.
- Sends/receives faxes, photocopies.
- Print final laboratory results for Physician’s signature.
- Demonstrates efficiency on the Medicom system.
- Schedules follow-up appointments as requested by the physician.
- Maintains/orders unit stationery/forms in conjunction with the Head Nurse.
- Customer service skills / experience
- Medical Terminology / or exposure to medical environment an advantage
- Previous experience in Healthcare industry will be a plus
- Diploma in Secondary School Education
- English/Arabic proficiency essential
- Computer literacy
Company: American Hospital Dubai
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A