Website Rotana Hotels
We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Materials professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.The Assistant Director of Materials is responsible for the day to day operation in the absence of the Director of Materials Management, provides essential supervision, administrative assistance and maintains full and adequate purchases / stock requirements of the Hotel.
- Formulate and implement specific EHS rules for activities conducted within areas under their control, coordinating with other departments or contractors.
- Report to the EHS in-charge, concerned department or Department Head if required in case any colleague or contractors breach EHS rules and procedure within their scope of work.
- Adhere with the EHS legislation and EHSMS policies, procedures and EHSMS Manual relevant to their scope of work.
- Conduct and document risk assessment for all procedures and activities with consultation and involvement of departmental colleagues and others, followed by implementation of recommended control measures. Accordingly Health and safety hazard assessment form and Environmental aspect assessment form are prepared.
- Identify and provide required resources in developing and maintaining the EHS system.
- Collect and review relevant EHS data and take action on the outcomes of EHS audits on a regular basis.
- Make sure to fully investigate all incidents reported and to fully implement the preventive measures.
- Report and document all incidents acquiring within their scope of work, actively participate and cooperate with incident investigation process and take appropriate action as per the investigation recommendation.
- Ensure all colleagues in the department are adequately trained (on job / off job) on EHS on regular basis.
- Ensure effective emergency procedures are in place and practiced regularly.
- Ensure and coordinate with the Head Storekeeper the proper Hygiene & Safety procedures in all storerooms
- Ensure to provide constant and accurate feedback to the Materials Manager and Department Heads on market conditions, items availability, seasonal items, delivery lead times and price trends
- Manage to identify and recommend new market products in terms of quality and price competitiveness
- Ensure to monitor vendors reliability and services, establishes new contracts with prospective vendors
- Manage administratively the office staff personnel (buyers and storekeepers), schedules, appraisals and trainings
- Ensure smooth process of purchase requests allocated by Director of Materials Management to all buyers including self
- Ensure to set policy and procedures (quotations, documentation, specification and explanation) are being followed and practiced
- Ensure availability of storerooms stocks at all times according to set Min Max stock levels
- Ensure to verify that daily market list is delivered. Question discrepancies and delays
- Ensure to verify all system updates concerning data stock items, regarding name, packing, weight and units
- Ensure to review, check and update constantly entered quotations concerning price and duration validity
- Ensure to coordinate with the Head Storekeeper by reviewing periodically the established Min / Max Storerooms stock levels for update requirements
- Ensure all EHS responsibilities are clearly defined and allocated in position descriptions or duty statements (job descriptions).
- You should be ideally having a bachelor degree with previous experience in Materials within a multi national group.
- Command of an international computer purchasing system software & previous Middle East experience are an essential.
- Good command of written and spoken English is a must; knowledge of Arabic language is an added benefit.
- The ideal candidate will be an analytical, pragmatic thinker with the ability to set policies and procedures.
- You are able to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment and maintain a fair
Company: Rotana Hotels
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A