As a Barclays Legal Counsel you will provide strategic and day-to-day legal support across the Barclays Group, by acting as a business-savvy service provider and partner to clients and colleagues. The work of the team spans contract drafting and negotiation, advising on the commercial and governance matters for the Group Service Company and the Intra Group Agreements, advisory work on commercial matters across the Group, business innovation and existing and emerging technologies.
- Construct and deliver a targeted calling program, derived from the establishment, development and implementation of a portfolio sales plan in partnership with the lead Relationship Director based in the assigned regional/Key Account team(s), alongside a structured Business Development plan.
- Lead and be accountable for the origination, structuring and execution of deals across a broad spectrum of TWC solutions, adding value in all interactions and being alive to wider opportunities. These solutions to include Asset Based Lending (ABL), Selective Receivables Funding (SRF) and Confidential Invoice Discounting (CID). Also working with other T&WC colleagues will be vital to help shape solutions to a client’s whole trading cycle – pre and post-sale.
- The ability to structure complex Receivables based facilities to meet the key client needs of risk mitigation, short term finance and balance sheet management. This will include structuring bilateral and syndicated deals.
- To become a key regional specialist and primary receivables based funding relationship contact point across the Corporate Bank regional teams for Large Corporate Clients with a particular focus on Key Account relationships.
- Developing your regions Receivables portfolio through winning new business whilst always ensuring great customer outcomes
- Create content, thought leadership and high quality pitch materials in order to lead negotiations with clients and Key Business Introducers, converting high quality business across complex large corporate size businesses.
- Work closely with counterparts at other Barclays locations globally to originate and execute multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Support the cross-selling of the bank’s wider capabilities and help entrench strong and positive client relationships.
- Actively manage the capital of the Bank, seeking to maximize returns and price for the risk and capital.
- Strong selling and negotiation skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High quality written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong track record and experience in ABL / Receivables Funding within a corporate banking environment, with detailed knowledge of services and solutions globally.
- Good understanding of relevant legal documentation
- Good PC skills (including use of word processing and spreadsheet applications) and awareness
- Entrepreneurial drive and ambition to take the business from current scale to the vision of a high growth sector through significant new business and deal origination wins.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A