The Product Strategy team has a critical role to play as we continue to shape and deliver our One BT plan, and strengthen the alignment of our Product Strategy. In a rapidly changing environment, it is critical that we take a more integrated approach to how we drive value out of our assets and transform our business.
- Set the group product capex allocation per CFU and product development prioritisation
through the Investment Board.
- Recommend business cases for new strategic product ideas, engaging and collaborating with CFU’s to validate the opportunity. Ensure we build scalable and repeatable product capability that can be leveraged across multiple markets and segments.
- Decide on the group response to strategic events (including business case) in year.
- Decide on cross CFU arbitration and optimisation opportunities in year.
- Decide on major product launch or withdrawal in year (where the item is not on the strategic roadmap or requires capex funding).
- Set the group product strategy and define the product strategic framework.
- Set and manage the strategic product roadmap across all market segments, refresh on an annual basis as part of the planning process.
- Set market sizing for product group across all market segments for the MTP.
- Recommends volume & value ambition for the product group across the MTP through a strategic
review process with ExCo.
- Set the strategic pricing framework to ensure ROI on product investment is underpinned and manage product profitability across the lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience in identifying growth opportunities and incubate the launch of new products/services
- Must have experience maximising growth by leveraging market segmentation and pricing architecture
- Proven analytical experience, have operated across multiple market channels and segments (B2B, B2C and Wholesale).
- Must be experienced presenting at ExCo and Board level, shown by experience in delivering complex ideas to authority that lead to change.
- Must have experience working in consultancy and start-ups.
- Educated to MBA level
- Must have demonstrable experience in aligning product strategy to business strategy
- Must have experience at a Project leader level in a top tier (MBB) consultancy where you have developed go-to-market strategy
- Proven experience of customer focus and external orientation, which has led to bring new ideas and thinking to the business.
- Must have experience in product/commercial teams, including product P&L, unit economics, product lifecycle management (creating initial commercial positioning and MVPs)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A