Website Commonwealth Bank
The Test Lead supports the Test Manager and leads the test team to ensure system enhancements/fixes are stable, reliable and available for customers.
This role has key internal relationships with all other testing roles and Business Analysts and Project members.
The Fraud Test Lead reports to the Test Manager, Group Fraud Technology
- Provide test status reporting to manager and stakeholders
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct sets the standards of behaviour, actions and decisions we expect from our people
- Analyse and translate business requirements and functional specifications into testing requirements
- Action phase level Test Plans, as detailed within the Test Strategy
- Review and support creating test completion reports
- Apply and promote industry best patterns and practices
- Provide mentoringassistance to other members of the team to develop their testing competencies and skills
- Coordinate test environment and data requirements to complete test execution
- Oversee execution of testing and coordinate test defect management
- Should take ownership and be proactive in working through issues and roadblocks.
- Developing test strategy, plans and estimates.
- Provide input to Planning and scheduling for projects as detailed within the Test Strategy
- Assist the Test Manager in the management of the test team to deliver business outcomes
- Review and support the development of quality test artefacts
- Basic programming skills preferable in Java (or C#).
- Strong experience in Functional testing, Automation experience is a value add.
- A natural collaborator with internal departments and external third party vendors.
- Ability to deliver a high level of work quality whilst maintaining high level of productivity.
- Risk Mindset –All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
- Strong test lead with coordinating across multiple platforms in a large organization.
- Comfortably working in Linux environments.
- Ability to prioritise test requirements in the context of business and project risk.
- Good knowledge on SOA, XML, JSON, Web Services, API, MQ/JMS, TCP/IP concepts.
- Comfortably working with process management tools such as JIRA/Confluence as well as code repository management tools such as Git.
- Small team leadership and organisational experience and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Experience in Banking domain, BFS (Payments, Cards flow, Fraud, AML, Sanctions etc are preferred).
- Software engineering or equivalent IT degree.
- Knowledge on SAS (SAS FM) – Nice to have.
- Strong experience in any databases (Oracle is preferred) and solid ANSI SQL experience.
Company: Commonwealth Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tamworth, AU
Application Deadline: N/A