Website Chalhoub Group
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years.As we continue to grow, it’s our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn’t create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals – and beyond. It’s an exciting journey we’re on, and one you could be part of.
- Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
- Analyze expense trends and establish expense accruals
- Take the data generated by the Accounting Department (input) and transform it into meaningful management information.
- Assist in development of financial models to analyze sales and other financial data.
- Create and distribute various financial reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assisting in the valuing of acquisition opportunities through historical data analysis;
- Support month-end close process by preparing recurring and ad hoc reports, researching general ledger activity and variances to budget and prior year.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of business, finance, and economic theory, to drive continuous improvement of financial reports and to evaluate their impact on the business.
- Assist in monthly financial statements, forecast and annual budget process including profit and loss statements, gross margin analysis, balance sheet and Interest rate parity (IRP) and recommend action.
- Analyze variance to budget/forecast and prepare reports explaining budgets deviations.
- Run a GAP analysis, provide analysis and recommendations on annual and revised budgets, challenge assumption and process revisions.
- Maintain appropriate databases or other analyses to monitor, forecast and report on Headcount within the functional areas
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Assist in the preparation of comprehensive KPI’s model (Financial & Business) in line with Company’s objectives and captures all relevant info needed to manage the business.
- Prepare operating budgets based on previous figures or estimated revenue and expense reports.
- Develop excellent knowledge of the business units’ operating environments including market size, industry trends, competitors, brands, margins, retail outlets as well as advertising spend etc.
- Provide analytical support to various treasury or cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects.
- Participate in new projects by processing simulations for new joint ventures and preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L.
- Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products.
- Participate on project teams involving reporting or systems changes, and act as tester.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Business units’ management to gather, research, analyze and summarize financial data.
- Support Marketing and Sales Teams in preparing P&L projection for promotions and launches, analysis of financial viability of new openings and marketing budget follow-up.
- Develop Financial Strategic Planning, Annual Plan, Quarterly Plan updates, Budget, Forecast & reconciliation.
- Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow on weekly basis to provide corrective actions if necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of the Monthly Tableau de Bord (TDB), the Budget and the revised Budget TDB from individual company TDBs.
- Prepare analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management.
- We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within a finance role.
- You will ideally be fully or part qualified eg. CPA, ACA, CFA. CIMA, ICAEW
- Have high emotional intelligence and ability to understand cultural nuances.
- Excellent at collaborating.
- We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts
Company: Chalhoub Group
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A