Chevron North America Exploration Production’s MidContinent (MCBU) Business Unit consists of diverse assets across several states, including Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado. These assets are a mixture of typical oil production operations that include several CO2 floods, water floods, natural gas plants, conventional gas operations and tight gas production. The position is based in Midland, TX and the work will primarily be in West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico in support of new oil and gas production facilities.
The Project Analyst is responsible for supporting Facilities Engineering (FE) with Instrument, Controls, and Electrical (I&E) project design, construction, commissioning, and startup activities in MCBU’s operational areas. In general, the individual will support I&E Engineers on new facility design and construction activities, including instrumentation, control, communications, and electrical system designs, project cost and schedule management, facility construction, Factory and Site Acceptance Testing, I&E system commissioning and troubleshooting, facility startup, and project turnover activities to Operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to be solution-focused and effectively work with cross-functional Engineering and Operations teams to drive improvement and solve difficult problems.
- Demonstrated competency in installation, commissioning, and startup of instrumentation, SCADA/Automation, telecommunication and electrical equipment and systems for oil and gas production facilities, including PLC program, SCADA HMI applications and alarm management configuration.
- 2-year Associates or 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Or Minimum 5 years relevant work experience required in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrate a commitment to meet the highest ethical standards in all business dealings.
- Ability to work effectively (minimal supervision) in a diverse, multidiscipline team environment. History of project success and working with complex processes and organizations. Employ organizational skills, managing diverse workload for multiple customers.
- Basic working knowledge of Facilities Design and Construction packages, including interpreting P&IDs, Cause and Effect diagrams, control philosophies, loop diagrams, cable schedules, installation details, and area classifications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Odessa, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A