Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Operations and Maintenance Trainee through March 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This is a full time entry level “Training” position designed to develop and achieve demonstrated field operations competency required to assume the responsibility of operating and maintaining pneumatic and electronic equipment associated with electrical rotating and compression equipment as well as separation equipment utilized in Oil and Gas production, gathering, separation and extraction processes. Once competency is achieved the successful candidate will be promoted into either a Field or Specialist “B” position.
- Develop the competencies to obtain the ability to deliver adherence to Chevron’s Operational Excellence, quality standard operating procedures (QSOP) and regulatory requirements.
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Managing Safe Work and
- Operational Excellence Management System.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attend specialized training designed to develop the competency to operate, maintain and monitor current production process, rotating and compression equipment.
- This position requires driving on a routine basis.
- Partner with local Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Mentor to reinforce training and strengthen competency.
- Military rank of E4 or higher and discharged from the military within the last 2 years with Military Occupational Specialty in: Instrumentation, Electrical, Process Ops, Mechanical, or related disciplines.
- Associates of Applied Science technology degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher in Petroleum, Process, Natural Gas Compression, Instrumentation and Control, Electrical, Industrial Maintenance, or Mechanical Discipline within the last two years; If not graduated, must be in last semester of degree plan and must submit final proof of transcripts
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Odessa, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A