Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through March 15th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. (CT).
This position will work within Chevron Pipeline & Power- Power Services Group within the Gas Turbine Remote Monitoring & Diagnostics team in Houston, TX. The Power Services Group mission is to assist Chevron Gas Turbine operators in sustaining world-class performance in direct support of facility producing objectives. This position will be part of the Gas Turbine technical support team that is responsible for maintaining and developing performance analytics and diagnostics tools for equipment performance, integrity, reliability, and efficiency.
Typically, the Gas Turbine systems include heavy-duty frame, aero-derivative, or light industrial gas turbines as well as steam turbine generators, Heat Recovery Steam Generators and associated balance of plant equipment. These facilities typically operate in simple cycle, cogeneration or combined cycle configuration.
- Job will include building, tuning, and monitoring of SmartSignal models.
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis of gas turbines and all support equipment and reliability tracking methods using ORAP/ GADDS.
- Distributes technical data and communicates across the enterprise.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and setting his/her own priorities and schedules.
- Ability to become an integrated member of the remote monitoring central support team and communicate monitoring issues via email, telephone, and WebEx meetings during the day and sometimes at night to support the gas turbine fleet worldwide.
- Understanding of gas turbine standard maintenance procedures, Predictive Maintenance programs, and Condition Based Maintenance
- Programs for gas turbine power plants.
- Remote gas turbine-generator/HRSG and balance of plant performance monitoring and diagnostics with SmartSignal, OSI Pi and other tools in support of the Chevron worldwide Gas Turbine fleet.
- Job will include support of Pi AF models.
- Job will include the development of new performance and diagnostic tools for Gas Turbine applications.
- Share specific knowledge and experience throughout Chevron.
- Giving work direction to others or lead a small team of company and business partners.
- PI Visualization development using PI Visions & Microsoft SharePoint.
- Traveling up to 25% of the time to domestic as well as international locations.
- Minimum of 8 years demonstrated experience working closely with Engineering and Operations on gas turbine and performance monitoring and analysis of gas turbine operating facilities.
- Experience with predictive analytics software platforms, as well as OSI PI Process Book, PI AF, and PI visions software, or equivalent historian and visualization software’s.
- Understanding of trending, Predictive Maintenance programs and Condition Based Maintenance Programs for Gas Turbines.
- General understanding of all major equipment and operational/maintenance requirements of Gas Turbines and associated equipment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A