The Warehouse assistant provides expertise in the inspection and acceptance of incoming goods and materials, maintenance and optimization of appropriate levels of critical spares and stock, proper labeling, storage, and preservation of materials on hand, accountable for precise record-keeping of material quantities and descriptions whether stock or in-transit, and cycle counting, and physical to record reconciliation as required by corporate standards. Must ensure that materials are unloaded, stored, loaded, and moved safely.
- Perform basic computer tasks, such as input of data in SAP and safety training.
- Trailer loading and offloading.
- Ensure work performed adheres to Chevron’s Operational Excellence (OE) standards, Work Instructions, and regulatory and code requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Palletizer operations.
- Practice Chevron Way behaviors while being a team player.
- Work in the Human performance Safety Culture and comply with standards.
- Operate Forklift.
- Perform general cleanup of plant equipment and work areas for safe and efficient operation.
- Safely operate forklift (including standing forklift), package filling, palletizing and other warehouse equipment.
- Manual material handling.
- Experience with stand up forklifts.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written. Good Organizational skills
- Able to operate sophisticated fuel automation and computer systems
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new CBT packages.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Work rotating shifts, on-call shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime to support terminal operations, and respond to emergency situations when they arise.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the job including climbing stairs and lifting 60 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work with minimal supervision.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A