The Gas Processing Analyst will be a resident expert for gas processing analysis including evaluations of gas processing economics and developing economic models based on prior industry experience. Responsible for supporting commercial negotiations with key contractual terms. Reviews plant statements to ensure payments, product allocation, fuel and loss allocations and fees match contractual terms. Additionally, this position participates in various projects that involve gas processing across the upstream and midstream business units and is a subject matter expert that grows other’s capabilities in that space.
- Performs as Gas Processing subject matter expert working on multiple project teams and projects while proactively and creatively seeking ways to maximize the value of current assets and overall enterprise value.
- Develop economic models and tools with an understanding of gas processing critical inputs and contractual impacts.
- Work as part of cross-functional commercial team with various Upstream, Midstream and Downstream organizations to leverage resources and skills as Chevron explores new business opportunities across its portfolio.
- Utilizes techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of problems to create alternative solutions that consider both the long- and short-term impacts.
- Build and nurture internal and external relationships to further business objectives with co-owners and counterparties.
- Ensure payments, product allocation, fuel and loss allocations and fees match contractual terms.
- Successful track record of supporting gas processing negotiations is highly desired
- Knowledge and experience with Midstream gas processing, product marketing of gas and NGL’s, and business development
- Business or Technical degree required
- 5+ years of related industry experience, with 2+ years focused on gas processing
- Understanding of commercial processes & tools (including advanced decision analysis modeling) and experience with commercial negotiation governance processes is beneficial
- Able to establish priorities, expectations and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated freedom to act within expected sphere of influence, decisive behaviors, and contributions of differing points of view to enhance decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical skills to build economic models with an understanding of gas processing critical inputs and contractual impacts.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A