The Latin America Government Affairs position is a value-added resource to business and corporate functions and with country heads at the local and regional level. The role supports the engagement with governments in LATAM and helps to inform the firm of political, legislative and regulatory actions; assesses the impact of potential actions on Citi and its clients; and develops and drives a strategy for managing policy issues including outreach to relevant government officials and industry associations.
- Develop a network of relationships with key government policymakers, industry associations, think tanks and other key stakeholders.
- Help to arrange meetings and prepare high quality, accurate briefing materials.
- Prepare biweekly reports for regional and country executives.
- Write talking points and prepares briefing materials for Citi senior executive meetings.
- Provide political risk analysis and develop advocacy strategy
- Assist the head of LATAM Government Affairs with engagement with key regional and global financial and regional industry associations.
- Help to develop and implement advocacy strategies to respond to issues drawing on work being done by local, regional and global colleagues.
- Engage with business and function partners; coordinate closely with Global Government Affairs team and Global Public Affairs colleagues.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to build awareness of regulation issues that could impact Citi and customers.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Monitor, analyze and report on political, legislative and regulatory changes in the region that will impact current and future Citi business, financial services more broadly and the general business environment.
- Provide information on key bilateral relationships for Latin American countries and the views of LATAM countries on initiatives in regional and global organizations.
- Advanced research skills to find, analyze and present information from a variety of credible sources.
- Knowledge about regional and international trade issues is a plus.
- Strategic thinking combined with accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to achieve results.
- Ability to understand the likely implications of political and regulatory matters on Citi’s business.
- Knowledge of the banking industry and financial services.
- Ability to navigate the political, legislative and regulatory environment in Latin America.
- Experience living and working in Latin America is a plus.
- Fluency in a second language, either Spanish or Portuguese, is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of Latin American countries and regional organizations.
- High level oral and written English skills to provide timely, high-quality internal and external briefings.
- Knowledge of financial services and trade issues that will impact Citi and its clients.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A