Website Canada Bay Council
The City of Canada Bay is an active and vibrant city that captures the energy, diversity, pride and potential
of its community.
- Ensure compliance with the legislative parking requirements within the City of Canada Bay.
- Monitor, patrol, enforce and issue infringement notices for breaches of parking and associated offences and educate the City of Canada Bay community on parking issues and safe parking, this includes parking meter enforcement.
- Monitor council free parking areas for compliance with the Local Government Act and any other applicable legislation.
- Detect and report irregularities in signposting, including vandalized signs.
- Prepare evidence and represent Council at legal proceedings arising from the position’s key responsibilities.
- Issue infringement notices to vehicles for litter related offences.
- Report any matter, activity or claim, affecting Council’s risk management, safety, concerns or public liability, immediately to the Manager Health Building and Environment.
- Act as an ambassador for the Council through the execution of all activities and functions in a professional manner, which supports the principals of customer service including providing information, advice and a welcoming presence to visitors to our city.
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision
- Well-developed written and verbal (English) communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Highly developed conflict resolution and consultative skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team player as well as autonomously
- Basic computer literacy, including the ability to use basic functions in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Current ‘Class C’ Driver’s Licence
- Commitment to ethical practice and appreciation of multicultural diversity
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in parking enforcement activities, including knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and codes and understanding of compliance functions within Local Government or equivalent field
- Working knowledge of the Self Enforcement and Infringement Notice Scheme (SEINS) and proven experience in preparing statement of facts for local court matters
Company: Canada Bay Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Canada Bay, Sydney, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A