Website Maribyrnong Council
This role requires someone with expert knowledge in managing records in accordance with legislative requirements and in applying best practice in a digital environment with a comprehensive understanding of Electronic Document Management Systems, including Content Manager 9.
A working understanding of Victorian Protective Data Security Standards (VPDSS) including the development of a Protective Data Security Plan (PDSP) is desirable. This is an ideal role for a high quality customer focused individual with sound communication skills who can clearly communicate with customers of varied competencies and diversities.
- Manage and lead the Information Management team to ensure provision of quality service and achievement of delivery targets.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to all levels of staff on matters pertaining to Records and Information Management
- Oversee the Information Management budget in a timely and transparent manner, ensuring all programs and projects have an allocated budget and are managed cost effectively.
- Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure Councils obligations under Public Records Act are me
- To be considered for this role, you will have the following:
- A sound understanding in the use of technology; particularly Microsoft Office and Records Management software.
Qualification & Experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in records and information management or lesser formal qualifications with extensive relevant experience in records and information management.
- Substantial experience leading a records and information management function, including previous people leadership responsibilities.
- Recent experience working with legislation and regulations relating to records management, public recordkeeping and information privacy will be essential for you to be successful in this role
Company: Maribyrnong Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Maribyrnong, Victoria, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A