Website The Clorox Company
As a State Specialist you will work within a team of regulatory professionals, registration specialists, and product safety experts in the Global Stewardship (GS) department as well as cross-functional business partners to develop a robust state regulatory program and drive value for a diverse portfolio of products across a variety of businesses.
- Responsible for archiving submitted and approved state labels.
- Represent the function/company at external forums; assume leadership position in external forums, as appropriate.
- Compose, compile, and submit (ALSTAR) state labels to all US states and territories.
- Overall responsibility for state label submission approvals to meet business needs.
- Single point of contact to the business teams and Regulatory Specialists on state registration plans, including ownership of state submission prioritization and execution of mitigation plans.
- Primary influencer at state agency level, building connections with regulators in key states and keeping the pulse of what is going on in the agency by building and maintaining relationships with key state agents.
- Maintaining contact with state agencies to track submissions through approval process.
- Primary Global Stewardship contact for Government Affairs led work, including state legislation/agency discussions.
- Leads state renewal process:
- Leads the state submission process for chartered work:
- Remain current with applicable regulations, guidance documents, and guidelines; interpret regulatory information and summarize impact for other functions/leadership teams, in a clear, concise, and focused manner.
- Leads negotiations with state agencies as needed.
- Responsible for state registration SWP budget.
- Defines the program and develops the strategy for Clorox’s state registrations of antimicrobial products.
- Responsible for CA Mill tax, among others
- Strong customer focus, track record of developing executable strategies that align with business deliverables.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create unique safety solutions and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to present critical information.
- Ability to effectively network internally and externally.
- Ability to lead and influence stakeholders, build and maintain momentum.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with individuals in a wide variety of disciplines and backgrounds and build effective relationships.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current operating capability for the ALSTAR – mastery of the system and skilled enough to use the systema and workarounds when needed.
- Knowledge of product development processes and experience providing safety support in product development.
- 7+ years of relevant regulatory compliance experience with consumer products, antimicrobials, pesticides, traditional insecticides/crop or other regulated products.
- Having familiarity and experience interacting with regulatory bodies.
Company: The Clorox Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A