Website City of Cockburn
The City’s busy Rangers team is looking to increase their casual pool during high workload periods, for coverage of leave and for proactive patrolling of beaches and parks.
The City is progressive in the way it operates so adaptability to change and a positive attitude is importan
- Patrol and undertake inspections/investigations to enforce legislation for a number of Ranger Service functions, including animals, parking, litter, off road vehicles, wandering stock and abandoned vehicles.
- Assist in the collection of evidence and prepare witness and defendant statements for legal action.
- Attend court and act as witness for the City in relation to Ranger related compliance prosecutions and other matters.
- Investigate and address alleged breaches of legislation raised by City’s rate payers and community members, interview complainants and witnesses, analyse statements, issue infringement notices when necessary and take follow-up action as required.
- Negotiate with landowners, property occupiers, animal owners and others to resolve matters in areas that Rangers are authorised to enforce
- Certificates in Municipal Law Enforcement A&B or the equivalent Regulatory Officer Compliance Skills (ROCS 1 & 2).
- Current driver’s licence
- Highly developed communication skills to negotiate professionally in conflict resolution situations
- Computer skills to operate hand held devices and system data entry
- Sound investigative skills
- Previous experience in a similar compliance role or transferable skills from prior roles
Company: City of Cockburn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cockburn, Western Australian, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A