Website City of Cockburn
The City’s busy Rangers team is looking for casual team members to assist during high workload periods.
As a casual Patrol Officer you proactively patrol to educate, monitor compliance of local laws and undertake municipal law enforcement actions within the City’s parks, reserves and carpark
- Patrol and undertake inspections/investigations to enforce legislation for a number of Ranger functions.
- Attend court and act as witness for the City in relation to Ranger related compliance prosecutions and other matters.
- Investigate and address alleged breaches of legislation raised by City’s rate payers and community members, issue infringement notices when necessary and take follow-up action as required.
- Exercise Duty of Care by working in a safe and efficient manner, having regard for your own safety and that of other workers and the general public.
- Perform surveillance at special events and parking control as required.
- Demonstrated ability in the interpretation and enforcement of statutes, associated regulations, local laws and policies relevant to Ranger Services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and time management skills.
- Physical fitness at a standard necessary to carry out duties.
- Good understating of Occupational Safety & Health principals and responsibilities.
- Problem solving, investigation skills, conflict resolution, and negotiation and conciliation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar compliance role, or proven experience in a law enforcement background or transferable skills from prior roles.
Company: City of Cockburn
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cockburn, Western Australian, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A