Assists Pharmacist to fill and dispense prescriptions for patients. Assists patients at counter, retrieves prescriptions, processes register transactions. Orders and stocks drugs, supplies, and over-the-counter merchandise. Updates patient records and inventory, processes invoices, and makes accounting entries using computerized system. Dispenses prescription medications utilizing pharmacy standards.
- Prepares third-party insurance claims, processes invoices, and makes accounting entries using computerized system.
Completes packaging verification for prescriptions previously checked for therapeutic appropriateness by the pharmacist to the extent permitted by provincial regulations. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Assists patients at counter, receives written prescriptions for Pharmacist, and retrieves filled prescriptions. Processes register transactions.
- Receives payment, makes change, processes checks, credit and debit charges. Provides prompt and courteous patient services. Answers phones, directs members to product location.
- Obtains patient medical history and maintains confidential computer record, and assists pharmacist in updating patient profile and entering prescription information into the pharmacy computer to extent permitted by provincial regulations. Preserves patient confidentiality.
- Fills prescriptions by bringing stock bottles, counting medication into appropriate container, labeling, and pricing prescriptions under
- Pharmacist’s supervision to the extent permitted by provincial regulations.
- Counts, labels (including appropriate auxiliary labels), and packages prescriptions, through workflow and bin management.
- Orders, receives, tags, and stocks prescription drugs, supplies and over-the counter products. Follows product storage procedures, standards and merchandising plan. Performs department 93 stocking duties as well as OTC roaming. Creates product signs. Ensures department is clean at all times.
- Verifies prescriptions and refills with physicians by phone as needed and takes verbal prescriptions to the extent permitted by provincial regulations. Selects generic substitutions when necessary.
- Alerts pharmacist to drug interactions in prescription and over the counter medications.
- Education/Training: Bachelor of Science or Doctorate of Pharmacy required.
- Knowledge/Skills: Computer, math, patient care and member service skills required.
- Experience: None.
- Licenses/Certifications: Licensed Pharmacist in good standing in the province of work.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A