Website DaVita Kidney Care
Joining DaVita as Patient Care Technician (PCT) is an exciting opportunity to jump start your career in the health care industry. With paid, extensive training, you will gain the skills needed to care for our patients and build a network of other health care professionals across the geography where you live. Once you have successfully completed training, you will join a holistic team of care professionals – including nurses, dietitian, social workers, and other experienced PCTs – to care for our patients. It’s not a job, it’s giving life and a career based on passion and purpose.
- Work under the supervision of a RN.
- Monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup.
- Spend the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment. Our PCTs care for up to 4 patients at a time.
- Building long-term relationships with your patients who are suffering from end stage renal disease and are receiving treatment on average 3 times/week.
- You will be responsible for educating patients on Kidney Dialysis related topics.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Physical and mental ability to work long hours (some shifts are 12+ hours) on your feet so wear comfortable shoes! Our work ends when it’s safe for our patients.
- Willingness to train and work across multiple clinics within the territory as needed.
- Flexibility and availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Desire to enter the health care field to care for other people in need
- Must be comfortable mixing acid or bicarb
- Must be comfortable working around blood and needles
Company: DaVita Kidney Care
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A