Website U.S. Department of Education
The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is looking for the best and brightest to ensure equal access and to promote educational excellence throughout the nation. If you are a highly motivated individual who would like to work for an agency that establishes policies on federal financial aid for education, distributes as well as monitors those funds; collects data on America’s schools and disseminates research; focuses national attention on key educational issues; and prohibits discrimination and ensures equal access to education, ED is the place for you!
- Provide guidance interpretation and assistance and determines the degree of compliance with regulations and other employment program requirements.
- Advises on employee classification appeals procedures and requirements. Explains and supports classification decisions to operating officials.
- Provides technical advice to agency staff in resolving the most difficult and controversial recruitment and placement problems including defining issues, determining applicable precedents, laws or regulations, and identifying the most effective approach and technique to validate the correctness and propriety of the actions taken.
- Serves as the technical expert on implementing and administering positions management and classification programs within the Department.
- May serve as a Human Resources representative on inter-agency and intra-commerce discussion and working groups covering a broad range of human resources.
- Evaluates, audits and classifies a wide variety of positions, including complex and controversial onces. Determines proper title, schedule, series, and grades of positions. Advises management officials on the preparation and rewrite/revision of position descriptions to ensure adequacy for classification purposes.
- Troubleshoots and resolves the most difficult and complex problems associated with comprehensive recruitment and placement services for assigned organizations.
- Background and fingerprint required.
- You may be subject to serve a one-year probationary period.
- Males 18 and over must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Must be a US Citizen
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience advising Human Resources Assistants in the areas of staffing, classification and/or Human Resources processing.
- Experience assisting with two of the following federal agency’s Human Resources areas: Pathways Programs, Special Hiring Authorities, Social Media Platforms (LinkedIn, etc.) or Recruitment and Outreach events.
- Experience providing Federal Human Resources staffing or classification consultative services to internal and external customers.
Company: U.S. Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A