Website U.S. Department of Education
The U.S. Department of Education (ED), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) promotes the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of ED programs and operations by conducting independent audits, investigations, and other activities. The OIG focuses on protecting the integrity of ED and works to prevent and detect fraud and abuse. The OIG’s work contributes to strengthening federal education programs.
- The Inspector General of the Department of Education (Department) heads an independent and objective organization responsible for audit, investigation, and other services related to programs and operations of the Department.
- The Inspector General provides leadership and coordination and recommends policies for activities designated to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in the administration of programs and operations, as well as to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in such programs and operations.
- The Inspector General is the principal advisor to the Secretary of the Department on the above matters and is responsible for keeping the Secretary and Congress fully and currently informed about problems and deficiencies relating to the administration of the Department’s programs and operations and the necessity for and progress of corrective action.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Services.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Statement of Employment & Financial Interest is required .
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- One year probationary period, unless excepted by regulation.
- Incumbent will be subject to mandatory drug testing.
- You may be subject to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in formulating new program management standards and analytical approaches, and plan and direct the architecture for evaluation and measurement efforts.
- Experience in exercising originality, independent judgment, and discretion in deciding recommendations of actions needed.
- Experience in overseeing three or more of the program areas including Budget Execution and Formulation, Human Resources Management, Information Technology Management, and Procurement and Facilities.
Company: U.S. Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A