Website Dignity Health
The Clinical Social Worker is responsible for performing social work assessments and interventions as needed for inpatients, outpatients and emergency department patients. They are dedicated to patient and family centered care that values personal self-determination, skilled at managing multiple priorities at once, and engaging in creative, compassionate and ethical problem-solving.
- Clinical Social Workers are responsible for working collaboratively with all healthcare team members to develop and implement treatment plans that support patient-centered plan of care for both individual patients and the medical community.
- The functions of the Clinical Social Worker includes crisis intervention, patient /family intervention, high risk screening, brief counseling, referring for financial or other identified resource needs, arrange and facilitate family/patient representative meetings with the health care team as needed, assist in post-acute placement on complex discharges and engagement of appropriate agencies or community resources when high risk patients are identified.
- The Clinical Social Worker establishes and maintains professional relationships with physicians, case managers, nursing staff, county agencies, community resources, patients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects effectively
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of detail orientation
Company: Dignity Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A