Website Duke Energy
The Engineering Technologist II position is second level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role job classification. The Engineering Technologist II applies technical expertise to solve more complex problems and management skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Employees in the Engineering Technologist Ii position are expected to develop deeper technical skills and the ability to work with an increasing degree of independence.
- Maintains accurate records and files,
- Conducts engineering and related studies,
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities,
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities,
- Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise,
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches with some guidance,
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills,
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance,
- Graduate from a college or university with Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), OR 2+ years of experience and
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), OR 6+ years equivalent experience without a degree.
- Commercial Drivers License and/or DOT
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- In addition to desired degree, 8 years related work experience
- Experience in the utility industry.
Company: Duke Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Terre Haute, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A