Website Etihad Airways
Regional role defined as main point of contact for all Etihad Cargo related matters with direct responsibility for cargo warehouse operation and freighter ramp supervision at the appointed station(s).
Planning and oversight on key activities, routes and products, with focus on defined performance requirements in relation to OTP, eAWB, Cargo iQ, SLA’s and FAB etc. Ensure safe, secure and on time delivery of all high profile shipments on flights and key routes.
- Being flexible with operations shift requirement and able to work in all positions below the title position which means cross skill functionality is a prerequisite with focus on continuous development of competency level. Must be able to execute ad-hoc tasks required at other EY Network stations to support various expectations and initiatives.
- Responsible to conduct regular inspections and audits on the facility(s) to ensure work progress and services/SOP complies with all regulatory requirements including Health, Security and Safety (under SMS guidelines) and enforcement of EY processes and procedures.
- Able to support, deliver and plan complex cargo loads for either passenger or freighter operations. Provide on job training, coaching and advice to GHA staff to upgrade their skills, knowledge and confidence level.
- Micro management of Special services & Products/ VIP shipments from acceptance to customer delivery.
- Interface with the Airport Authorities i.e. Customs, Police and Airport Operator to gain support in the implementation of EY initiatives.
- Establish best practices to enable revenue budget achievement and to support service delivery, cost savings and compliance to Safety & Security regulations.
- Responsible for service delivery of the designated station(s) through SGHA/SLA’s and KPI/Cargo iQ, eAWB measurement.
- Responsible to drive and improve freighter OTP in a highly challenging environment of the appointed station(s) by fulfilling all tasks associated to ramp coordination / supervision of freighter operations.
- Lead and establish best practices to ensure all flights are maximized to their capacity and conduct review of processes and procedures for improvement of service delivery such as reduction in UTLs, operational discrepancies and offloads.
- Ensure compliance with all Etihad procedures and regulatory requirements in relation to safety, security and Dangerous Goods.
- Finance – Raise PR, PO & GRN in SAP as per requirement and verify the supplier invoices to ensure its correct and charged as per the contract
- Fully conversant with cargo handling processes, procedures and regulatory compliance expectations. Experienced on Cargo handling systems, messaging requirements and manual handling systems, Knowledge of freighter aircraft specifically the – 747F/777F. Understanding of budgetary controls related to cargo handling at network stations, good written and verbal communication skills.
- At least five years of cargo operations experience along with Freighter handling and managing team and suppliers.
- Good understanding of computer airfreight specifications, in depth knowledge of industry standards and Legal Regulations. Industry training in DG/Special Products/Cargo Operations/Safety and Security/weight and balance (advantage).
- Educated to at least high school level, preferably diploma level in logistics, operations management or related discipline with acquired specialization in cargo handling operations. Successful completion of cargo and dangerous goods courses are required, as well as courses in Special products, aircraft weight and balance and general cargo procedures.
Company: Etihad Airways
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A