As a Senior Vehicle Technician at FedEx Express, you get the shop to run and a fleet of trucks to repair and maintain within an innovative organization where your voice and input is valued. Whether it is completing the necessary paperwork, placing reorders and/or repairing trucks, you are the person that will make it all happen!
- Documents work and maintains adequate inventory using FedEx computer systems.
- Guides and supports a staff of technicians and trainees.
- Provides timely, quality maintenance for FedEx vehicle fleet and ground support equipment which requires preventative maintenance,
- troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, and documentation.
- Ensures work is in accordance with OSHA and DOT standards.
- Possession of basic set of automotive hand tools including metric sizes.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Non-Covered Safety Sensitive position.
- ASE Master certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
- Medical exam required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and maneuver any weight above 50 pounds with assistance on a regular basis.
- Must meet qualifications as outlined in section 391 of the federal motor carrier safety regulations.
- Four (4) years fleet, automotive or truck vehicle advanced technical repair and maintenance experience.
- Demonstration of teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- A HS Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in state of residence.
- Experience with welding and basic D.C. electrical troubleshooting preferred.
- Ability to work without supervision for extended time periods. Must be able to work in noisy, non air-conditioned/heated work area.
- Proficient skills in operating a personal computer.
- Possession of applicable licenses and automotive-related vocational training.
- Knowledge of the use and operation of all equipment and testing equipment, gauges and tools normally associated with the troubleshooting and repair of hydraulic, gasoline, diesel, electric, and/or hybrid motorized equipment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Savannah, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A