The Forklift Operator I is primarily responsible for safely operating basic powered material handling equipment (excluding the Order Picker, Turret and Drexel) for the purpose of product receipt, storage and order fulfillment. This position is responsible for product safety, quality and legality.
- Quality control to ensure accuracy of all transactions.
- Use of machinery to apply shrink wrap to pallets.
- Full case order picking for replenishment, customer orders and packaging components.
- Loading and unloading of pallets and cases from trucks and conveyor lines, by hand or equipment.
- Sorting and build product to pallets to ensure compliance to customer expectation.
- Maintain accuracy of storage locations by performing daily cycle counts and routine inventory maintenance tasks.
- Perform a pre- and post-equipment checklist.
- Perform other distribution work functions as needed due to business volume and need.
- Pallet retrieval and put away in narrow aisle bulk rack storage system.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and flexibility in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work on equipment at extended heights.
- Strong team player.
- 6+ months previous forklift equipment experience strongly preferred, high reach equipment experience desired.
- Ability to operate powered basic material handling equipment, i.e. electric pallet jack, forklift, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: York, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A