Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
- Ensure records of deliverables to customers and for internal governance are maintained in a structured and timely manner
- Support governance process through delivering robust financial outputs and price risk analyses to facilitate effective decision making with a focus on margin protection and cash optimisation
- Maintain expertise in financial reporting requirements
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Clear and proactive communication with stakeholders on the deliverables, including expectations management, scoping of the deliverables, raising clarifications and issues.
- Assist in developing and implementing financial modelling best practice across SME
- Work within bid teams to deliver financial models, costs, price and detailed scenario analysis for bids
- Development / modification of dynamic and accurate excel-based cost models and financial statements (P&L accounts, balance sheets etc.) for bids / tenders
- Undertake a range of quantitative analysis required to develop cost assumptions and understand trends to better inform the bidding team
- Contribute to discussions on Model outputs throughout the Bid Process to ensure understanding and compliance with modelled elements
- Foster team culture of collaboration, initiative, creativity, continuous learning and development, customer focus (both internal and external) and operational excellence
- Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management
- Develop and prepare suitable financial analysis and input into strategy for customer negotiations on price
- Support of other Business Development activities as required
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- Experience of working in services sector
- Experience of effective working in bid teams
- Financial reporting expertise
- Expert financial modelling ability and Excel skills
- Strong financial and quantitative analysis skills
- Relevant professional qualification (or equivalent combination of relevant alternative professional qualification and relevant financial experience)
- Implementation of new processes and systems
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organizational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
- Capacity to handle demanding and fluctuating workload
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with a steadiness under pressure
- Experience of effective working in multidisciplinary teams
- Strong communication skills to work with a range of people across the business
- Knowledge of key accounting principles
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A