The IT Senior Database Administrator administers, oversees database implementation and design both on premise and on private and public cloud. The role is responsible for database administration, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, new database implementation, security, patches and upgrades. The role will troubleshoot problems related to databases, enforces policies and standards for all database activities, ensures all databases including the backups are healthy, monitors as well as maintains and organizes reporting for the databases.
- Improve database backups and regular recovery testing.
- Secure Mongo DB environment with standard security practices.
- Document data modelling on Mongo DB for application requirement and better performance.
- Maintain database performance and capacity planning.
- Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
- Design mongo DB for high availability and for data center failures.
- Administer and support daily MySQL database tasks.
- Administer and support daily Oracle database tasks.
- Support MongoDB in a high availability, multi-data center environment.
- Administer MongoDB Ops Manager, backups and automation. Automate routine tasks with shell scripts and industry standard tools
- Administer the mongo database and support the mongo related daily activities.
- Install, deploy and manage MongoDB on physical and virtual machines.
- Highly skilled in mongo performance tuning for high throughput and large data loads.
- Manage mongo DB in AWS EC2 environment.
- Configure large-scale MongoDB shared clusters.
- BS or BA degree, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience
- MongoDB Ops Manager experience
- Experience on mongo sharing
- 4+ years Mongo deployment experience
- 4+ years MongoDB production support
- 4+ years Linux OS experience in a production environment
- Experience in Cloudera Big data platform is plus.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A