Website Frito Lay
The best jobs in the trucking industry are at Frito-Lay. We are proud to offer you a great starting salary which quickly ramps up for top performers. Your component pay includes stops, unscheduled layovers, delay, dispatch, drop and hook, vacation, and so forth. We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more.
- We have regular contact with our customers, sales drivers, and dispatch, so you can expect talk to people at various points throughout the day or night.
- Your work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed by the FMCSA and require overnight trips as well as weekend and/or holiday work.
- You will use an electronic logging device such as a tablet or an onboard (dash) computer.
- This is a physical job. We load and unload trailers — this can be manual, it could involve palletized loading/unloading, or require the use of a two-wheeler. You will also be lifting things over your head.
- Like the rest of our drivers, you will be responsible for pre- and post-trip truck inspections.
- We run routes 24/7 and DOT hours vary slightly by location.
- You will obtain signature of receipt, pick up returns and complete logs and other paperwork related to deliveries, and review invoices and/or manifests.
- You will safely operate a tractor/trailer (usually an automatic Volvo, international or freight liner; diesel/natural gas) and transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- You will transport chips, dips, and more to and from large grocery stores, Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities, rural storage units, and other traffic centers.
- Self-Motivated: our drivers are known across the company as hard workers, showing up and working until the job is done
- Attention to Detail: a sharp eye is necessary because you will review weight limits on manifests, you will count cases to make sure orders are corrects, as well as using visual aids
- Coachable and Communicative: you can take feedback and adjust how you do things in the spirit of cooperation, safety, and efficiency. Communication is a two-way street. Did you encounter a safety hazard? Were their issues with your delivery? Your honest feedback is valued here.
- Flexibility: the schedule you work won’t be set, but instead it will vary day to day. Everyone at Frito-Lay works weekends and holidays.
- Safety Focused: your mind is focused on safety when you operate vehicles by practicing defensive driving. We have a strong reputation as transportation professionals on the road.
Company: Frito Lay
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A