Website Gold Coast Council
Join the City’s Community Centres team as a full-time Senior Community Centre Officer based at the Broadbeach Community Precinct to manage the re-opening of the Albert Waterways Community Centre. We’re keen to find an experienced candidate who can help us realise the potential of this valuable cultural infrastructure by bringing in new business and thinking creatively about how we do things.
- Customers Before re-opening, the role will focus on bringing in a wide array of new businesses from social services, fitness arts & culture. Understanding creative industries and the arts will help you to connect with stakeholders who could bring productions and events to this newly renovated event space.
- Community Ideally, you’d be engaged with the community or have the confidence to network with various community groups and leaders, ensuring the building delivers to their expectations.
- Asset management Your attention to detail will be impeccable, taking care of it as your own and ensuring contractors keep cleaning, maintenance and security up to the standard you expect for our customers.
- Workplace Health and Safety Customers and event organisers shouldn’t feel burdened by our safety requirements but supported and confident through the way that you role model a safety culture in everything you do.
- Look after our team You need to role model the service, standards and values our team expects, who will look up to you for direction and support.
- Administrative Excellence It’s not all glamour, there are a serious amount of email enquiries to manage, reservations to enter, billing and event orders that you’ll need to do. Senior Officers are hands-on and role model time management and organisational skills to the rest of the team
- Event management, h otel or convention centre reservations
- Business development or new customer acquisition
- Exposure to theatres and auditorium audio-visual equipment and/or stage management
- Experience learning and mastering new software and processes quickly
- Supervisory or management experience, supporting staff to deliver administrative processes
- Current-open drivers license
Company: Gold Coast Council
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A