Website Hampshire Police
We are recruiting transferring Police Inspectors to Hampshire Constabulary. We are a large force which has maintained a police family culture. We really value our staff and their professional development. We regularly have promotion opportunities for those wanting to be the leaders of the future. Hampshire and the Isle of Wight are excellent places to live and work. There is good access to London, the South Coast and the New Forest. As well as being one of the largest forces in the country, we have more police officers in front-line roles than average. We’re also a force with a strong neighbourhood policing approach.
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues, communities and partners to drive collaboration across policing and wider public services provision.
- Analyse performance data and information against team objectives in order to effectively inform workforce planning, budgets and the measurement of department and force goals.
- Lead, motivate and engage a team of sergeants, constables and police staff, protecting and promoting workforce wellbeing to uphold professional standards and enable a high performing team.
- Analyse and evaluate the effectiveness of existing processes and practices within area of work in order to identify and implement opportunities for change and innovation, promote best practice and enable improvement, problem solving approaches and evidence based policing within teams.
- Manage matrix teams providing clear tasking in accordance with operational policing plans and priorities to provide an efficient and effective response to problems, incidents and crime.
- Contribute to the setting, monitoring and assessment of team/individual key performance indicators in alignment with wider objectives, taking corrective action as necessary to ensure that the team effectively contribute towards the achievement of Force goals.
- Review and report on team expenditure to ensure the efficient use of available budgets and maximise value for money.
- Manage the initial response to critical incidents, in alignment with relevant frameworks and guidance, ensuring appropriate resource allocation and risk management to enable effective service delivery.
- Identify, manage and mitigate operational threats and risks in line with national guidance and operational policing plans in order to ensure the safety of officers, staff, and the public.
- Plan, manage and monitor the front line and/or specialist operational policing activity for their team, managing competing demands and priorities to make informed deployment decisions and ensure best use of available resources.
- Competent Inspector
- You must be a serving police officer from either a Home Office Force, British Transport Police or Ministry of Defence Police.
Company: Hampshire Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hampshire, GB
Application Deadline: N/A