Website Hampshire Police
Hampshire Constabulary are looking for people to help us find new ways to provide insight from our data. Do you have a professional curiosity and attention to detail that drives you to ask those “why?” questions? Are you comfortable with technical data concepts such as modelling, extracts and integration? Do you have experience of data management, business intelligence or GIS tools? Are you someone who can engage with a variety of audiences to understand what data is important and how it can be best used? If so, we would really like to hear from you. Please send a CV with your application, and you may refer to specific content within your CV in your application form where appropriate.
- Developing and maintaining reports, dashboards and other data products to meet user needs
- Providing expertise in Data Management, including through maintaining data flows, mappings and dictionaries.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key colleagues across the organisation to ensure Data Management meets required standards
- Liaising with data users to gather and document requirements for data reporting.
- Conducting quality assurance of your own and team member’s work, providing leadership and support to others.
- Ability to understand and present complex data for a range of internal and external audiences.
- Experience using Management Information tools and working in a statistical/analytical environment preferably working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Knowledge and experience of developing user/customer requirements into technical specifications with a working knowledge of relevant data architectures.
- Previous experience of, or trained in the use of, data extraction or visualisation tools.
- We are looking for the following essential experiences to be able to carry out the role of Data Developer:
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure, possessing good time management skills. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, with proven experience of forming and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Good literacy, numeracy and computer skills.
- Essential: Educated to QCF Level 6 OR work experience deemed to have brought the postholder to a comparable level.
Company: Hampshire Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, GB
Application Deadline: N/A