Website Hampshire Police
The Facial Imaging Technician will undertake all aspects of producing Facial Composites, in support of Investigation Teams and the Criminal Justice System.
- To create composite facial images using appropriate technology, by carrying out cognitive interview with witnesses.
- To undertake as required administrative duties to include filing, record keeping, reception cover and maintaining the E-FITs web pages other various other computer applications.
- To prepare statements of evidence for use in Courts.
- To work with other departments and agencies in order to prioritise referrals for facial image composites.
- To attend courses and working groups when necessary to develop technology, working practices and legislation to support facial imaging.
- Maintain awareness of law, guidelines and best practice advice in respect of facial imaging.
- To undertake processing of digital photographic images in accordance with local standard operating procedures.
- Maintain professional knowledge in respect of new technology within composite facial imaging.
- Carry out reasonable tasks as necessary under the direction of appropriate line management.
- To be a point of contact within the organisation for advice and knowledge in composite facial imaging.
- You must have good eyesight, ie at least 6/36 uncorrected vision.
- Experience of working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- The role holder may be required to visit various locations within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, and must hold a current full driver’s licence and be prepared to take and pass a Force driving course if required.
- The successful candidate will need to be educated to QCF Level 2 including English and Mathematics OR work experience deemed to have brought the postholder to a comparable level.
- Experience working in an Imaging environment and a knowledge of Police organisation is desirable but not essential.
Company: Hampshire Police
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A