Website Honor Health
Under the direction of a Physician/Physician Assistant, performs a variety of clerical and patient support duties including scheduling, receptionist, telephone, data input, and exam room and medical chart preparation. This position reports to the Manager for office duties and to the physicians for clinical and patient care responsibilities.
- Preps patient for exam and assists provider with exams and special procedures.
- Maintain supplies in coordination with office coordinator.
- Prepares treatment room for examination of patients.
- Receives telephone calls from patients, pharmacy and others; documents and relays information to provider for action.
- Organize and communicate with insurance companies for authorizations for therapies, testing and specialist referrals.
- Phones pharmacy with approved medication orders/refills.
- Performs a variety of front office duties as needed, including, but not limited to, reception, greeting patients, verification of information needed for billing and medical charting, telephone, chart maintenance, insurance forms, and scheduling.
- Ensures that recalls for labs, office visits and procedures are accounted for.
- Prepares patient charts and reviews for completeness.
- Clean and restock exam rooms.
- Escorts patient to examining room, obtain history, document chief complaint in record or EMR, take patient’s vital signs (weight, pulse, temperature, blood pressure).
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant OR completion of a Medical Assistant program that meets the BOMEX training guidelines OR completion of a United States Armed Forces medical services training program OR meet necessary guidelines as described in Arizona Board of Medical Examiners Administrative Code, Title 4, Chapter 16, Article 4, Section R4-16-401, paragraphs A and B prior to start date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) BLS Required
Company: Honor Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Scottsdale, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A