Website Hy-Vee, Inc.
Meat Clerk provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Wraps, trims, stocks cases, and receives merchandise in the Meat and/or Seafood Department. Rotates stock, stocks cases and places product in coolers.
- Finishes trims on steaks, roasts, and chops in preparing these retail cuts, including seafood for traying.
- Wraps, weighs, and labels product.
- Provides prompt efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important person.
- Adheres to company policies and individual center guidelines.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness, then stocks cases or rotates product.
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking customers’ orders.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- High School or equivalent experience, food safety training. Three to six months of similar or related work.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; exert up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Des Moines, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A