Website Hy-Vee, Inc.
As a Pharmacy Manager, this position will be responsible for the overall operation within assigned pharmacy department. Directly responsible for improvement of prescription count as well as patient count by promoting exceptional customer service and professional image within the community. Focus will also include improvement of profitability by practicing/implementing cost effective business practices, i.e. generic dispensing, drug purchasing, etc. Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Improves pharmacy prescription sales, profit, patient count and professional image through ensuring the accurate filling of prescriptions and the courteous and efficient service to all customers.
- Analyzes and recommends loss prevention procedures and assures proper implementation of internal controls. Conducts regularly scheduled inventories and checks pharmacy security procedures and performs mini audits.
- Responsible for the recruitment and hiring of pharmacy personnel, manages budgeted payroll and scheduling, minimize overtime usage and improves labor cost per prescription.
- Responsible for managing all referrals submitted by Hy-Vee retail pharmacy locations.
- Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
- Recommends plans and coordinates sales and promotional programs for pharmacy department.
- Supervise the operation of the assigned pharmacy department
- Communicates and coordinates with Hy-Vee retail pharmacists regarding referrals and as needed.
- In depth knowledge of pharmacy computer applications, with special emphasis on existing and planned products; PIS, order management, automated dispensing, CPOE, I.V. compounders, packagers, bar code applications, supply chain solutions. Knowledge/experience with Siemens
- Pharmacy/Soarian is a plus.
- Over one year of related work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Graduate of an accredited Pharmacy School; preferably with a Pharm. D. degree.
- Progressively responsible experience in pharmacy and computer applications of pharmacy practice including implementation and development of new computer systems.
- Current Board of Pharmacy license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially related to health care colleagues.
Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moline, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A