At IKEA we call this role “Co-Worker Relations Specialist”. This role will manage employee relations and labor relations responsibilities for multiple locations.ly.
- Coaches and guides units to create a proactive/preventive way of working with performance issues
- Responsible for maintaining and entering cases in Case Management System
- Manage Employee Relations escalations cases in your market, ensuring appropriate documentation, follow up, and coaching to locations
- Supports Unit People & Culture Managers in handling employee relations conflicts in their units
- Coordinates, enables collaboration and leads topics with multiple stakeholders, to include unit management, country management, and legal
- Follow up on potential health and safety issues/complaints in units in the Market Area
- Implement and follow up on IKEA’s Employment standards and compliance in all units in Market Area
- Coaches, executes and follows up on the problem resolution process in all units
- Coordinates with country Co-worker Relations Manager to executing on common way of managing employment and labor issues across the country, in order to protect IKEA as an employer from potential threats
- Follows up on the IKEA co-worker survey results on Market Area level
- Leads an ongoing open dialogue and problem resolution with employees and their elected representatives, contributing to strong working relationships in locations.
- Strong influencing, coaching, and facilitation skills.
- 5 years minimum of HR experience required
- 3 years minimum employee relations experience required
- Ability to manage complex and confidential investigations. Summarize and analyze data to provide senior level reporting, trends, and recommendations.
- Subject matter expert and consultant to Unit Managers, Unit HR Managers, and Area HR on complex employment matters, to include ADA, EEO, Wage and Hour, Leave, and State laws in specific Market Area
- Ability to collaborate and influence in matrix organization
- Ability to work remotely and in digital environment
- 1 year of labor relations experience required
- Experience training in-unit HR and large operational teams in employee relations topics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A