The IT Infrastructure Architect – Systems (PSS) is responsible for the design and implementation of server and network infrastructure for the PSS and Corporate systems both on premise and cloud. He/she ensures that the flydubai hosted PSS and Corporate systems can cope with the rapid growth of flydubai in both size and complexity over the next 10 years. He/she ensures that the PSS and Corporate systems leverages the latest server infrastructure to provide a cost effective, safe and scalable solution for flydubai
- Provides guidance and mentoring to the Network and Security team
- Ensure that cloud infrastructure is securely, optimally and cost effectively operated by proactively managing the capacity, availability and security
- Create and provide executive and operational level reports for both on premise and cloud infrastructure and its consumption.
- Champion and implement innovative automated technologies to streamline infrastructure operations.
- Architect and maintain other cloud based SAAS applications such as Office 365
- current transaction volume
- projected growth in transactions
- current data/transaction complexity
- future data/transaction complexity
- data security regulatory requirements
- business requirements related to storage
- business to business communication and interfacing requirements of the PSS and Corporate platforms
- Develop and implement the Infrastructure strategy in conjunction with the Senior Management.
- Act as a project management as well as the technical and functional SME for the PSS and Corporate projects
- Install and configure server and storage infrastructure, peripherals and services in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements for the PSS and Corporate projects
- Install, configure and maintain load balancers related to the PSS and Corporate network infrastructure
- Manage PSS and Corporate Infrastructure projects
- Adhere to flydubai change management process and procedures for efficient use and handling of all resource changes (Hardware, software, cloud service and data) to minimize the impact of Change-related faults.
- Implement server infrastructure maintenance and management procedures and ability to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Create RFPs, RFQs and BOMs for projects.
- Ensure that all PSS and Corporate data is stored and backed up to ensure that in the event of a system failure, FZ data and system security is not compromised
- Define and document the PSS and Corporate server and storage infrastructure related SLAs.
- Create HLDs, LLDs and Enterprise Architecture diagrams and keep them updated.
- Implement the PSS and Corporate server and storage infrastructure related SLAs
- Establish KPIs and Monitor/Measure and report the PSS and Corporate server and storage infrastructure related SLAs
- Design and implement the PSS and Corporate DR system and associated processes
- Develop and document the relevant PSS and Corporate server infrastructure SOPs and keep them updated.
- 10+ years experience in critical highly available IT Infrastructure design in the airline commercial systems or similar domain
- IT Technical system designer in at least major cloud implementation within the last 5 years
- 10+ years’ proven experience in Linux, Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, WINS, DNS, DHCP, OS security, Hyper V, MS Exchange, Office 365, VMware, Software Defined Data centers
- 7+ years proved experience in maintenance of the server infrastructure of a Tier 1 system
- 5+ years proven experience working on a high transaction volume, high availability, mission critical system
- Familiarity with IT Security and Architecture reviews
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education
- Relevant HP, VMWARE, LINUX, MICROSOFT and Cisco Certifications
- Relevant AWS or Azure certifications
- ITIL Certification
- Familiarity with handling and mitigating attacks related to viruses, and malware
- Hands-on investigation and log analysis exposure
- 15+years experience in IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Architecture design both on premise data centres and cloud
- Customer Focus
- Team work
- Effective CommunicationPersonal
- Accountability & Commitment to achieve
- Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A