The Key Holder’s responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The Key Holder will also assist the Store Management team with leading the store team members by observing/coaching individuals as well as performing operational duties that include but are not limited to opening/closing, ensuring store compliance, and finding creative ways to drive the business. The Key Holder will also embody characteristics and perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and Inspire.
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events.
- Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, active selling techniques, suggesting services, and building strong customer relationships to the JOANN brand.
- Assists leadership in minimizing shrink in the store by ensuring policy and procedure compliance including, but not limited to, cutting counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory management.
- Works with store management to identify opportunities to drive the business and increase sales/profit
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A