The Store Manager’s responsibility is first and foremost to drive sales, but they also act as an inspirational leader and role model for their team. This individual coaches, develops and inspires the team so everyone is aligned with JOANN’s overall mission and vision. The Store Manager empowers their team and creates a positive environment, for both customers and team members, which leads to the achievement of financial goals.
- Develops long-lasting customer relationships by identifying and anticipating customers’ needs
- Ensures impeccable execution of operational policies and procedures
- Builds strategic plans and provides the necessary tools for the team to achieve KP
- Stays adept at knowing the product and staying curious on new merchandise and trends
- Connects with the greater community and acts as a brand ambassador for JOANN
- Communicates new initiatives, leadership messages, and promotions
- Motivates, coaches, and inspires the team and ensures they are the best possible brand ambassadors
- Coaches and inspires the team to drive sales by exceeding customer expectations
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on consistent basis throughout their shift.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A